St Andrew Churchyard, Toddington, Gloucestershire, England


Latitude: 51.99615, Longitude: -1.95030

Notes:
Toddington is a village and civil parish in north Gloucestershire in the Borough of Tewkesbury, north-east of Cheltenham .The village is split into two, the "Old Town" near the church and the "New Town" at the crossing of the B4077 and B4632 roads. Despite the size of the village, it has a large church, St. Andrew's which contains the marble tombs of local nobility, the Tracy family, who variously lived at Sudeley Castle, Hailes Abbey and Toddington Manor.
The church of St. Andrew is the third church to stand on this site since the Middle Ages. The present church was built by George E Street, who had been commissioned by the 3rd Lord Sudeley. Work started in 1869.Housed in the North Transept lie the 1st Lord Sudeley (Charles Hanbury-Tracy) and Lady Sudeley on a Gothic "Altar Tomb".