Saint Lawrence Church at Over Peover, Over Peover, Cheshire, England


Latitude: 53.25822, Longitude: -2.34316
Saint Lawrence Church at Over Peover

Notes:
It is thought that the original church was built in the reign of Edward III. The present tower was built of brick in 1739, probably by J. Garlive. The nave and chancel were rebuilt in brick in 1811 by William Turner. During the restoration the pre-existing stone chapels were preserved. The south chapel dates from 1456 and the north chapel from 1648. The north chapel was built by Ellen, widow of Philip Mainwaring.[3] The church was refurbished in 1895 by the Lancaster architects, Austin and Paley. During the Second World War, General George Patton and his staff worshipped in the church while they were stationed in Peover Hall


Cemetery Photos

   Thumb   Description 
1
Mainwaring, John Grave
Mainwaring, John Grave
 
2
Stafford, Margaret Grave Stone
Stafford, Margaret Grave Stone