Butler Center Cemetery, Allison, Butler, Iowa, USA


Latitude: 42.70000, Longitude: -92.77220
Butler Center Cemetery

Notes:
The Butler Center Cemetery is located in the Northeast one-fourth of section 18 of Jefferson Township, three miles south of Allison and one mile east of Highway 14 on county road C45. This cemetery was a town cemetery for Butler Center. Its first burial was in 1865. In 1870 it was under the jurisdiction of the Jefferson Township Trustees. At that time, they transferred a strip of land along the south edge of the cemetery to George M. Craig in exchange for a strip along the western edge of the cemetery. Later the cemetery was transferred to the Butler Center Cemetery Association which was incorporated in 1917. In 1938 it was verified that the land transferred in 1870 was now owned by Fred Schrage. In 1950 the Butler County Auditor was assigned as trustee for the small cemetery. In 1962 the unused east half of the property owned by the Association was sold to the State Collage of Iowa (now UNI) for use as a natural prairie reserve. Lot #l is in the very NE corner of the cemetery next to the road. Numbers run west till #l5 which comprises the lst row running parallel with the road. Row 2 contains #'s l6 - 30 running west to east; row 3, #'s 3l - 45 running east to west; row 4, #'s 46 - 60 running west to east; row 4, #'s 6l - 74 running east to west; row 5, #'s 75 - 90 running west to east; row 6, #'s 9l - l05 running east to west; row 7, #'s l06 - l20 running west to east; row 8, #'s l2l - l35 running east to west; row 9, #'s l36 - l50 running west to east; row l0, #'s l5l - l65 running east to west. Lots l66 through l75 are in a row placed between rows 5 & 6 with numbers running west to east.


Cemetery Photos

   Thumb   Description 
1
Hyde, Albert and Hannah D. Fargo Grave Stone
Hyde, Albert and Hannah D. Fargo Grave Stone