» Show All     «Prev 1 2 3 4 Next»     » Slide Show


Walworth, Francis Hardin Grave Stone

Status: Located

File nameWalworth, Francis Hardin Grave Stone.jpg
File Size31.04k
Dimensions248 x 343
Linked toWalworth, Francis Hardin

Greenridge Cemetery, Saratoga Springs, Saratoga, New York, USA

Notes: Greenridge Cemetery consists of Old Greenridge and New Greenridge cemeteries. The land occupied by the oldest portion was part of a farm owned by Mrs. Mary Avery, the widow of a Revolutionary War soldier. The cemetery opened in 1844, and (although there are many graves bearing dates prior to that as many bodies were moved in, including several American Indians) the first Saratogian buried there was Colonel William Leete Stone. The new part of the cemetery was first owned by James and Thomas Marvin; and the entire Greenridge Cemetery has operated as an Association since 1880. Some of the interesting features include a Gothic-inspired Mary L. Sackett Gateway (which marks the entrance to the Old Cemetery); a baby grand piano on the marker of Obed Coleman; a bas-relief train engine on the stone of William S. McMillan; a bronze statue, called the Hiker dedicated to the Spanish American War Veterans and a Stick style Chapel constructed in 1880. There are 15 mausoleums.

Greenridge Cemetery

» Show All     «Prev 1 2 3 4 Next»     » Slide Show